The Garden Handbook e-book is a comprehensive PDF guide to creating and tending a backyard garden.
Please note that while this is a digital product, you are more than welcome to print it out!
Part One: Build
- How to determine your growing zone and the best location for your garden
- Pros and cons of raised versus in-ground gardens
- 2 raised bed blueprints
- My recipe for great dirt (to fill your raised beds)
- Patio garden planting tips
- Container size recommendations for common plants
Part Two: Plan
- How to plan your garden
- Favorite beginner edible plants
- Favorite beginner flowers
- Guide to companion planting
- Planning your garden layout
- Guide to plant spacing
- 4 sample garden plans
- How to start seeds
- How to harden off your seedlings
- How to direct sow seeds
Part Three: Tend
- Using soaker hoses (and how I lay mine out)
- How to pinch your plants
- How to correctly cut flowers
- Seasonal tasks
Part Four: Trouble
- My troubleshooting process
- Pest and disease prevention methods
- Best and disease treatments
Part Five: Printables
- Planning grid page
- Planning dot grid page
- Garden wishlist
- Seed starting and plant purchasing guide
- Week-by-week to-do list (organize your tasks and seeds to start before your last frost date)
- Plant profile
- Troubleshooting notes - keep track of pests, diseases, and treatment efficacy
- Recurring tasks
- Harvest schedule
- Fertilizer schedule
- Seed and tuber inventory
- Various note and checklist pages
Plus links to everything I use in my garden and additional recommended products.
I loved this workbook! I found it incredibly helpful for a beginning gardener, easy to use, practical, beautifully designed, and not too much information to feel like you’re drowning like some garden books.
Although I appreciate the hard work that went into THE GARDEN HANDBOOK, I was disappointed.... the book wasn’t what I thought it would be (I thought more flower gardens vs veggies). My fault for not investigating further.
Love The Garden Handbook! This is my first year really trying to garden and the handbook and printables have been so helpful!
This is an absolute must have. I was raised around gardening, but it always seemed too complicated for me to remember all the things. This handbook is exactly what I was looking for to help me step by step through the process. It is nice to have as a guidebook to look back on as I am in the process. Thank you so much for writing this!
Decided to start a garden on a whim & amongst countless hours scrolling resources, gathering all the info I could, this journal has it ALL! Paired with beautiful images and illustrations, I feel beyond equipped to seed-start, tend to, and harvest my future garden! I've started seeds at this point & I'm thrilled our last frost is so soon! SO thankful to have this handbook as a guide!