The Garden Handbook e-book is a comprehensive PDF guide to creating and tending a backyard garden.
Please note that while this is a digital product, you are more than welcome to print it out!
Part One: Build
- How to determine your growing zone and the best location for your garden
- Pros and cons of raised versus in-ground gardens
- 2 raised bed blueprints
- My recipe for great dirt (to fill your raised beds)
- Patio garden planting tips
- Container size recommendations for common plants
Part Two: Plan
- How to plan your garden
- Favorite beginner edible plants
- Favorite beginner flowers
- Guide to companion planting
- Planning your garden layout
- Guide to plant spacing
- 4 sample garden plans
- How to start seeds
- How to harden off your seedlings
- How to direct sow seeds
Part Three: Tend
- Using soaker hoses (and how I lay mine out)
- How to pinch your plants
- How to correctly cut flowers
- Seasonal tasks
Part Four: Trouble
- My troubleshooting process
- Pest and disease prevention methods
- Best and disease treatments
Part Five: Printables
- Planning grid page
- Planning dot grid page
- Garden wishlist
- Seed starting and plant purchasing guide
- Week-by-week to-do list (organize your tasks and seeds to start before your last frost date)
- Plant profile
- Troubleshooting notes - keep track of pests, diseases, and treatment efficacy
- Recurring tasks
- Harvest schedule
- Fertilizer schedule
- Seed and tuber inventory
- Various note and checklist pages
Plus links to everything I use in my garden and additional recommended products.
I'm so glad I came across Whitney's book and printables! I've missed most of planting season in Florida but am already started planning for next year using the printables. Love this resource!! In addition to useful information, the e-book is beautiful as well!
Beautiful Informative Book
This book is perfect for the person who is starting out gardening! I downloaded it to my iPad and it works wonderfully to read on the books app. So glad I bought this.
The Garden Handbook is chalked full of helpful information - everything you need to plan and start your garden, as well as troubleshoot problems! She gives you printable tools, as well as garden layout examples. I will use Whitney's Garden Handbook for years to come!
SO excited to use my Garden Handbook!
I was so grateful to find the Garden Handbook. This is my first year to do my own garden and this is the perfect guide for those just starting their garden journey!
Very helpful for a beginning gardener
I loved this workbook! I found it incredibly helpful for a beginning gardener, easy to use, practical, beautifully designed, and not too much information to feel like you’re drowning like some garden books.